Friday, July 30, 2010

Shabbat Plans 7/30 - 7/31- Take Out Shabbat

Okay, this week we're really disorganized. We're going away soon, so we're trying to prepare for that. Other things are going on, but we're not commenting on that yet. The end result is, we're getting take out tonight. Take-out Shabbat? That's like being Jewish on Christmas. I'd post more, but I really need to get work done.

We're going to attend services at a local egalitarian Conservative Synagogue this weekend because the Torah service is going to be conducted by a local Renewal Rabbi I've been in touch with. I'm leery of going to a Conervative Synagogue, because I grew up down the road from one, and never felt comfortable there, for various reasons I won't go into now. Still, it is there that we'll continue our shul-shopping.

After that, we'll be going on vacation. But that won't mean vacation from the Shabbat Dabbler! I'll be bringing books with me. While away, I'm going to try to pull together DIY resources for Shabbat observance in the home, focusing - in particular - on Friday Night. If any reader would like to help, please comment or send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment